The following terms and conditions apply to your use of all Doublestruck's Websites. By accessing and viewing these Websites and using the on-line content and services you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless inconsistent with the context or otherwise specified, the following definitions apply to words and expressions:
'Doublestruck' means Doublestruck Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (number 02373295. Registered address Argyle House, 29-31 Euston Road, London, NW1 2SD.
'Centre' means school, college or other organisation.
'Product' means each publication or any other product or package (either off-line or on-line) purchased by you via the Website(s) and provided to you in any format.
'Services' means the content and services provided via or through Doublestruck's Websites.
'Terms and Conditions' means these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions or disclaimers with reference to, or displayed on, Doublestruck's Websites whether by hyperlink or otherwise.
'User' means each person accessing the Website(s).
'Website(s)' means the Doublestruck Website(s) located at www.Doublestruck.co.uk or any subsequent or additional URL used by Doublestruck from time to time, and includes www.qkit.co.uk, www.testbase.co.uk, www.exampro.co.uk, www.optionaltests.org, www.alfiecloud.com, and www.examquest.co.uk and any Products purchased through these Websites.
'Working Day' means any day other than Saturday or Sunday or any English Bank Holiday or other English national holiday.
'You/you' means the User accessing and using this Website and (if any) the legal entity he/she represents during the course of employment or engagement by that entity.
You agree to fully indemnify and to keep Doublestruck indemnified from and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered by Doublestruck arising from or which are directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the Websites or Products in breach of these Terms and Conditions and any such access and/or use by any person (including, without limitation, a User) who is authorised by and/or who represents you.
- 9.1. Ownership of the Products will pass to you when Doublestruck receives full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products. The Product will be at your risk from the time of delivery, which in the case of on-line Products shall be the date of provision of the log-in and password details to access the Product and in the case of off-line products shall be the date of provision of your licence details.
- 9.2. If you have any other enquiry in relation to any Product, you may contact Doublestruck using the contact form on the relevant Website.
- 9.3. The price of each Product and any other additional costs will be as set out on the Website(s) from time to time. It is possible that, despite our efforts, one or more of the Products or other charges listed on the Website(s) may be incorrectly priced. Doublestruck will normally verify prices as part of our order procedures and is under no obligation to provide the Product to you if an incorrect price is stated on the Website(s). In the case of on-line Products, details of the subscription period and renewal mechanism shall be provided at the point of purchase and shall form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the case of off-line Products, the purchase of these is subject to acceptance of the relevant software licence for that Product, details of which and acceptance of which is provided at the point of purchase and shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- 9.4. The published prices in the web shop are expressed to exclude VAT. You will be informed of any VAT payable on each item at the checkout stage of your order and you will be responsible for paying any VAT which may be applicable.
- 9.5. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an order confirmation in accordance with clause 9.12 below.
- 9.6. Doublestruck will issue an invoice and the Centre must pay within 30 days of the date of such invoice.
- 9.7. Payment must be made as follows:
- by credit card or debit card; or
- by cheque; or
- by BACS transfer.
Cancellations, returns and refunds
- 9.8. Doublestruck may need to cancel an order placed by you in whole or in part if the Product or Products which you have ordered are, or become, unavailable. If any cancellation is necessary, Doublestruck will refund in full the money you have paid for the cancelled Product or Products, subject to a pro rata payment for the length of time (if any) that the Product was owned by you under the terms of clause 9.1.
- 9.9 In respect of paper products purchased through www.optionaltest.org, you may:
- 9.9.1 edit the order or cancel it with the time period specified within the order confirmation email.
- 9.9.2 request in writing the return to Doublestruck of any un-damaged goods which must be unopened and returned at your own cost. If authorised by Doublestruck and received back unopened and undamaged, Doublestruck will refund the amount paid, less any postage costs.
Delays and events beyond our reasonable control:
- 9.10. If Doublestruck is delayed or prevented from providing any Product or Service due to any event (including any act, omission, accident or non-occurrence) beyond its reasonable control then the time for delivery of any Product will be extended for the duration of such event and Doublestruck will not be held liable to the extent such event delays or prevents its performance. Such an event would include (without limitation) the following: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, extreme adverse weather, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and/or the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. Doublestruck will use its reasonable endeavours to bring the effect of such event to a close or to find a solution by which its obligations to you may be performed despite the event.
Order process and formation of contract:
- 9.11. The contract between Doublestruck and you is made under the following technical steps:
- You must register or must already have registered on the relevant Website and have provided all required detail. Your details will be treated by Doublestruck in accordance with section 10 and Doublestruck's current Privacy Statement.
- You place your order for a Product with Doublestruck through one of the Websites.
- You can identify and correct any errors with your information before you confirm your order for any Product.
- In the case of overseas customers or where you request to make a credit card payment on-line you will be directed to the WorldPay website to make your payment, which payment will be processed by them.
- Where payment is made by credit or debit card, if your payment is successful, we will accept and complete your order by sending you an order confirmation to the email address given by you. At this point there will be a binding contract between you and Doublestruck.
- If you are a UK school or centre, we will send you an invoice after receiving and processing your order, at which point there will be a binding contract between you and Doublestruck. Payment of the invoice is to be made within 30 days of receipt of the invoice. We will not keep a copy of the contract. We recommend that you print off and keep a copy of the contract terms for your records.
- English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
- 9.12. The contact details for Doublestruck are as follows:
Post: Doublestruck, PO Box 68318, London, NW1 2SD
Tel: (queries only): 0845 145 1500
Fax: 0845 112 0525
- 9.13. In the case of on-line Products, you agree not to:
- install any software supplied on more computers than are necessary for the purposes of the Product;
- sublicence the Product;
- copy the Product, except for back up purposes;
- permit use of the Product by anyone other than you or your authorised Users;
- use any source files, images, code or components from the Product separate from the Product;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Product;
- sell, rent or trade the Product to any other party